- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp shrimp paste
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil for sauteing
- 1 cup shredded sweet corn, keep the husk
- 4 cups pork stock, if you don’t have this, you can always use 1 pork cube instead
- 2 cups moringa leaves
- fish sauce (optional depending on taste)
- In a saucepan, heat oil and start browning the garlic, add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add shrimp paste and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add water, shredded corn and husk. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the corn husk and add moringa leaves. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat. Using a stick mixer or blender, blend soup until leaves and corn kernels are blended. Bring back to
- simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve hot.